John Smith – The Hypnotherapy Centre
Welcome to your own webpage on the Australian Hypnotherapists Association’s Australian Hypnotherapists website. This website is given to you as part of your membership by your Association as a marketing tool to help you in your business. The site is designed to help you and your practice have a strong website presence.
The AHA funds, runs and manages a number of websites for the benefit of its members with a view to helping promote hypnotherapy to the public and to raise the profile of its members. These sites are as follows:
- www.ahahypnotherapy.org.au – this is the Association’s primary site. This site promotes the AHA and it’s members as professional hypnotherapists to government, the medical profession and the public as a whole. It contains information about hypnosis, articles, archive of the Australian Hypnotherapy Journal, submissions made to government and other general information.The site is also a point of contact for member information. You will find a page for each state where you can find out about workshops and training, find details of supervision groups and supervisors and download forms and marketing materials. You should visit your state page from time to time to find out important information about your state branch.
- www.national-hypnotherapists-register-australia.com – the NHRA is the Association’s National Register of Hypnotherapists. This register is open to all Professional, Clinical, Fellow and Life members of the association. To be listed on the register please go to this URL www.national-hypnotherapists-register-australia.com/listing_changes.htm and complete the form and you listing will be uploaded at the next update. Updates usually occur every two weeks.The register serves a specific function, it is a resource for the general public to find a qualified hypnotherapist who meets the standards of the AHA. It is also accessed by government and the medical profession and for this reason members are limited as to what can be shown on the register. The register is not a marketing tool but rather a directory where the public can feel confident they will be put in contact with a professional and qualified hypnotherapist.
- www.australianhypnotherapists.com.au – this is the site you are now visiting. The Association has set up this site to give our Professional, Clinical, Fellow and Life members a personal webpage to promote your business. On this site members are free to promote their practice, products and programs. The only guidelines for what members can advertise on this page fall within the guidelines of the AHA’s Code of Ethics and Code of Advertising both of which can be found on the members page of the AHA main site here. In short, this is your page and you can promote, market and give information in any way you wish as long as this remains within the Association’s guidelines and the law. The Association will be the final arbiter as to what is acceptable or unacceptable on the site as the site is wholly owned by the Association and must reflect AHA values. We will not publish any content that we deem contravenes these values and a condition of members using the site is acceptance of this condition.
How to set up your personal website
To set up your personal website you’ll need to follows these steps:
- Download a template from this link. The template is in MS Word format.
- Fill in the template and email it to email@example.com
- Attach any images you want on your website these could but do not have to include the following:
- A personal photograph, note: this will be resized to 185px x 243px and should be supplied in .jpg format
- Images of products if applicable
- Sider images – the page will be built with a generic image slider. If you would like your own images in the slider you should supply 1 to 3 images which will be resized to 750px x 300px
Your page will be optimised for Google and other search engines for you area and should begin to appear in the search engines about eight weeks after it is published. You need to allow up to 4 weeks for your site to be live and you will be advised by email when this has been done. You can the use the URL supplied to promote your business.